We have opportunities for volunteers who have a background or experience in environmental conservation, education, or science and want to be a part of the OSOF initiative.
We are currently looking for coordinators and general volunteers who would like to contribute their skills in the following volunteer roles. If you are interested in learning more about these volunteer roles, download the job descriptions and contact us.
- Coastal Clean-up Coordinator – Location flexible
- ‘Adopt-a-Coast’ Campaign Coordinator – Dunedin, Wellington, or Auckland based
- Social Media Campaign Coordinator – Location flexible
- Regional Coordinator – Dunedin, Wellington, or Auckland based (other regional locations considered)
- Fundraising Coordinator – Location flexible
General Volunteer Roles
- General volunteers are needed to assist in running OSOF projects, campaigns, and events – Dunedin, Wellington or Auckland based
Be an Ambassador for OSOF
There are ways to help us without being directly involved in our projects and campaigns. Your support as an OSOF ambassador can help us maximise our reach and increase the awareness of our organisation and projects.
Why should you volunteer?
There are many benefits to volunteering for OSOF, and here are some of them:
- Working on our projects is a great way to network, build your C.V. and skills. OSOF can provide a platform for networking with organisations in the Marine Conservation, Environmental Science, Education, and other related fields.
- One of the best ways to learn is through experience. We have a range of leadership and general volunteer roles that can help you gain experience while promoting personal growth.
- Community involvement is a great way to feel connected to your community. Most of our volunteer roles will allow you to engage with local community and positively impact other lives by offering your skills and passion.
Apply to join our team
Contact us with a brief description of your previous experience/background and the role/projects that interest you. We will get back to you to discuss volunteering options.